Each product has been independently selected by our editorial team. We may receive commissions from some links to products on this page. Promotions are subject to availability and retailer terms.
CBS News reports retailers are strongly recommending customers shop and ship early due to supply chain issues and US Postal Service delays. The 3 major shipping companies announced the recommended ship-by dates for items to be delivered prior to December 25, which lands on a Saturday this year.
- Continental U.S.
- December 15: USPS retail ground service
- December 17: First-class mail service (including holiday greeting cards)
- December 17: First-class packages (up to 15.99 ounces)
- December 18: Priority mail service
- December 23: Priority mail express service
- USPS For Air/Army/Fleet/Diplomatic post office addresses:
- November 6: Retail ground service
- December 9: Priority mail and first-class mail
- December 16: Priority mail express military service
- USPS Alaska and Hawaii:
- December 17: Hawaii to/from mainland — priority mail and first-class mail
- December 18: Alaska to/from Continental U.S. — first-class and priority mail
- December 21: Alaska to/from Continental U.S. and Hawaii to/from mainland — priority mail express
- December 9: ground economy
- December 15: ground and home delivery
- December 21: express saver
- December 22: two day and two-day am
- December 23: overnight services
- December 24: same day
- Ground shipping, check the website for a quote
- December 22: second-day air services
- December 23: next-day air services
- December 25: no pickup service, UPS holiday
- Note: UPS service guarantee still suspended for most services due to COVID-19
The online retailer has fast and free shipping on millions of items with delivery until December 24 and here is how the rest of their shipping deadlines breakdown:
Dec. 23 is the last day to order more than 10 million items eligible for One-Day Delivery. This is free for Amazon Prime members with no minimum purchase.
Dec. 24 is the last day to order millions of items eligible for Same-Day Delivery -- free for Prime members in eligible areas on orders over $35 -- and for free 2-hour grocery delivery, exclusive to Prime members in select cities.
Dec. 25 might be very last minute, but you can still gift someone an Amazon eGift Card or Amazon Prime membership.
The retailer offers 2-day and next-day delivery with a $35 order minimum for all delivery options.
With orders of $35 or more free standard shipping is available, along with express shipping on pre-order items. For same-day delivery, shoppers can use Shipt at certain locations.
The beauty store has free standard 1-3 day shipping if you spend $50 and over, along with 1-2 business day shipping options. Same-day delivery, when ordered by 4 PM, will arrive by 8 PM for a $6.95 fee.
The department store has free standard shipping for all orders with delivery in 3-8 business days, plus expedited shipping for an additional fee.
Do you still need help finding the perfect gift? Check out all of The Doctors' holiday gift guides including gifts for under $100, gifts under $50 -- plus our favorite self-care, fitness, and health gifts!