How to Take Control of Your Cancer Risk!
How to Address Mental Health with Teens
Teen Felt the One Thing She Could Control during COVID was Food
Why Eating Disorders Have Skyrocketed during the Pandemic
Meet Teen Whose Eating Issues Spiraled during the Pandemic
How Teen Brothers are Helping Peers with Mental Health Issues
Teen Brothers Share Their Song about Mental Health
Mom and Daughter Share Immune-Boosting and Healing Soups
Eating Disorder Warning Signs for Parents
When to Talk to Your Kids about Adult Content
Power Life Creator Tony Horton’s 3 Tips for Staying Healthy
The Fight for a Tobacco-Free Generation!
Why Did Your Diet Fail?
Woman Returns with Her Brand-New Smile
Woman Gets a Total Smile Makeover for Her Wedding
Could Laws Help Prevent the Next Generation from Smoking?
Are You Working Out Too Much?
The Unwanted Lessons Your Child Could Learn from Adult Content
Practical Tips to Surviving a House Fire
Watch a Woman Undergo Mini Filler ‘Glow Up’
The author of “Take Control of Your Cancer Risk” first addresses some of the common myths about what puts someone at risk for cancer. He explains many people think getting cancer is largely based on genetics, but notes genes are only about 30 percent of the equation, and the other 70 percent is determined by lifestyle. He says the following lifestyle factors determine your chance risk:
- How much you sleep
- What you eat
- How active you are
- Your stress levels
Dr. Whyte notes all of these are things you can take control of and potentially lower your risk. The internist also dispels other common cancer myths explaining:
- Cell phones do not cause cancer
- Microwaves also do not lead to the disease
- Deodorants do not increase someone's cancer risk
- Artificial sweeteners and power lines are also not linked to cancer
He encourages people to make healthy choices when it comes to food more often than indulgent or unhealthy food choices, suggesting to always try and eat foods that help boost your immune system. Some simple ways you can make healthier food choices and potentially reduce your cancer risk, according to Dr. Whyte:
- Eat fruits and vegetables at every meal
- Swap out white bread for whole grains, and instead of processed meats (which are high in sodium and nitrates) use meats and food you have prepared in foods like sandwiches during lunch
- Get 7 to 9 hours of sleep each night, as this helps increase white blood cells which fight infection
- Reduce your chronic stress levels, which can lead to inflammation in the body along with causing our cells to divide with errors and create cancer cells