- 16 oz Chickpea Spaghetti pasta, uncooked
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded. Feel free to use light or dark meat
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz marinara sauce - good quality pasta sauce such as Raos, or Delallo.
- 24 oz chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/3 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, chopped
- 3 tsp Italian seasoning mix (salt free)
- 3 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper more or less to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, for garnish
- In a large, deep dutch oven add your uncooked pasta, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, black olives, Italian seasoning, broth, marinara sauce, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir until everything is combined. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to medium low cook for 12-14 minutes. Stir in cooked chicken fresh herbs and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of the Food Dolls.