- 14oz package firm organic tofu
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 red bell pepper & 1 large cucumber
- a handful of cilantro
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil or olive oil
- 6-8 sheets of rice paper
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 2 tbsp. hoisin sauce
- ⅓ cup almond milk
- Drain liquid from tofu container and with paper towels press gently on tofu to absorb liquid. Slice tofu about 6-8 even pieces.
- Heat large pan with oil to medium heat and add sliced tofu. Cook on each side for 3-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Slice red peppers and cucumbers.
- Dip rice paper in cold water and place on plate. Rice paper should still be hard and will soften in less than a minute. Place a leaf of lettuce, slice cucumber, sliced red pepper and a few sprigs of cilantro and wrap.
- For sauce mix in peanut butter, hoisin sauce and milk. (May have to add more milk for depending on your desired consistency)
Recipe courtesy of My Nguyen